Thursday, February 9, 2017

Practice: Identifying Restrictive and Nonrestrictive Clauses

For each sentence below, decide if the adjective clause (in bold) is restrictive or nonrestrictive.  Insert the necessary commas.
.
  1. Parents  who have young children are invited to use the free daycare center.

  1. I left my clothes at the dry cleaners which is free to all full-time students.

  1. John Wayne who appeared in over 200 movies was the biggest box-office attraction of his time.

  1. I refuse to live in any house that Jack built.

  1. Merdine who was born somewhere in Arkansas grows homesick every time she hears the wail of a train whistle.

  1. My new running shoes which cost more than a hundred dollars fell apart during the marathon.

  1. I lent some money to Earl whose house was destroyed in the flood.

  1. The thing that impresses me the most about America is the way parents obey their children.

  1. A physician who smokes and overeats has no right to criticize the personal habits of his patients.

  1. The beer that made Milwaukee famous has made a loser out of me.


No comments:

Post a Comment