Thursday, February 9, 2017

My GradeBook Information

Greetings Students and Parents!

Below are instructions for signing up for the online grade book that I will be using this year.  In past years, I've used Engrade, but that site is no longer available to individual teachers.  After lots of research and trials, I've settled on My Gradebook.  As we progress through the year, I'd appreciate any feedback.

First, a quick note about your use of this resource.  I'm using this online resource to help me compute grades and to divide the grades into categories.  Parents and students can use it to see scores and to check for missing assignments.  But a word of warning -- some weeks the homework scores will make it to my 3-ring binder but not immediately to My Gradebook.  I will send out mid-term reports and a "grades update" a few weeks before the end of the term.

Directions for Signing Up:
1.  Go to www.mygradebook.com
2.  In the username box, give the class code:  
          writing2spring17
3.  Your password is the student's first name and the first letter of the last name, all lower case.  For example,  Bobby Smith's password would be "bobbys."
4.  Click on "My Account," and on that page click on Create Primary Login.
5.  Set the Primary Login (username) and Primary Login Password that you want to use for this class.  (Note:  This username and password will be the same for the student's account, so parents and students should communicate the choices with one another.)
6.  If any of the e-mail information needs updating, click on "update email."
7.  When all information is updated, click on "save."

When you have finished these steps, you can go to the assignments page, the calendar page, etc. for the class.  I'm hoping this website will not be difficult for all of us to navigate.

Blessings,
Tammy Prichard

No comments:

Post a Comment