Saturday, February 25, 2017

Literary Love Letters, 2017

Below are submissions by the Writing 1 class for the Quick Write prompt to write "Literary Love Letters."
------------------------------------

Oh long and drawn out explanations, how I love the way you explain mountains, trees, and crystal streams.  I love the way that you drone on and one and one about the majesty and serendipity of all the wondrous places you paint with your words, but my favorite part is the way that all of this doesn't tie ino the plot.  It's only there for immersion.

------------------------------------

Dear Onomatopoeia,
     I love the way you can spice up any story.  You make it come alive.  With the words "Crash!  Bang!  Boom!" one is able to better picture what may have happened or is happening.
     You help everyone express what they heard or saw.  The best children's book are filled with you.  You make stories come alive.

From a lover of exciting stories

------------------------------------

Dear Book Series,
     Boy, do I love a good book series.  It's always nice to know that when you finish one book, there's another on the way.  It's a good feeling when you finish one good book, that six or seven of maybe more are sitting there waiting to be read.  There's a nice amount of depth to the story that is enjoyable to read when you know that the story has just begun and you can really familiarize yourself with the characters and the story.

A lover of books

------------------------------------

My favorite thing to write is a rhyme
It's how I spend most of my time
Yes, my heart is pure and true
Dear Literary Device, I love you.

------------------------------------

Oh how I love C. S. Lewis's, the Chronicles of Narnia series.  With such vivid and imaginativ e writing, not to mention the subtle Biblical ties in his books.  I just can't step away from these books that I just can't stop loving.

No comments:

Post a Comment