Thursday, January 19, 2017

Writing 2 -- Spring Technology Reminder

Greetings!

CHAT classes started again this week, and I'm excited to start the spring semester of writing classes.  We're going to have a great semester!

Below are explanations of my online sources that I provide as a resource for families.  

Class Updates:  Weekly, following our class, I will send out an e-mail that explains what we covered in class and what the assignments are. Occasionally I will include links to interesting or pertinent sites that pertain to our class discussion.  Any handouts from the class will be attached to these e-mails.  Double check to make sure these e-mails are making it to your Inbox and not the Junk/Spam folder.

Writing 2 Blog:  The weekly updates and copies of most messages are also posted on this site.  If you need to see a number of the updates at once, this is an efficient way to do it. Copies of the handouts (with the exception of those that are pdfs) will be posted on this blog.  Also, photos, images, videos, and links to other websites will appear on this site.  If you're curious, you can peruse the blog for past posts in order to get a feeling for what to expect this year. (That's where you will find this post!)

Dropbox:  This is an online storage site, and I have folders with all of the documents that I use in a folder for this class.  If a student is missing a worksheet or a handout, he/she can find it there.  You should have gotten an invitation to join the folder for Writing 2.

My GradeBook:  This is the online grade book that I will be using this year.  It is new to me, but since it is similar to the one I had previously used, I don't anticipate any problems.  My paper grade book is up to date with every assignment, but it may take a week or so to get the grades onto this site.  That said, it should be a pretty accurate picture of what homework is missing and ongoing scores for the work.  


Long story short:
-- If a student isn't sure of an assignment, he/she can check
     -- the syllabus that was handed out
     -- the Class Update
     -- the blog

-- If a student is missing something that I handed out, he/she can find it 
     -- as an attachment to a Class Update
     -- on the blog
     -- in the Dropbox folder.

-- If you have questions about grades or missing homework, you can
     -- check My GradeBook
     -- send me a personal e-mail.

If you have any questions, let me know.  

I'm looking forward to teaching this great group of students!
Mrs. Prichard

No comments:

Post a Comment