Monday, May 13, 2013

General Comments about Grades for Spring, 2013


General Comments
The grades have been sent out for the Spring semester.  I've divided the scores into 4 categories:  Writing, Literature, Grammar, and a Combined Score.  Sometimes a student is stronger, or weaker, in one area, so it helps to know the breakdown of the scores.  As I've said before, these grades are suggestions for you as homeschoolers.  Writing is a challenging subject to grade.   As homeschooling parents, you know that  some children are "naturals" in an area while others put a lot of extra time and effort in order to achieve the same results.  Sometimes a high score means quality and sometimes it means quantity.

I've thoroughly enjoyed this class this year.  We had a good sense of community, and I believe we learned a lot.  I hope to see many of you next year in Writing 3!

No comments:

Post a Comment