Tuesday, August 6, 2019

Welcome to Writing 2, Fall 2019

Greetings Parents!

Registrations have been coming in, and Kim Nelson has sent out updated class rosters to the tutors.  I'm excited to see so many Writing 2 students.  For those who are new to my classes, I will use emails and this blog, Writing 2, to keep parents informed and connected.  If you are curious about the class, feel free to peruse past blog posts, especially the Weekly Class Notes.

The students will be reading My Antonia (Willa Cather), I have purchased these books for the students. I prefer that students all have the same edition & publisher, so I purchase the books through Dover Publications, which are also fairly inexpensive.  I'll bring the books to class, and your students should plan to bring a notebook or paper for taking notes and a binder or folders for keeping track of handouts and assignments.

In addition to weekly emails and blog posts, I will use Google Drive for access to any class worksheets and handouts, and My GradeBook as an online grade book for keeping track of scores and assignments.  In the near future, you will be getting 2 emails -- one to invite you to a shared folder of the classes documents and one to invite you to your My GradeBook account.

I'm looking forward to a new group of students and a fresh year of writing.  Feel free to contact me if you have any questions.  Please let me know that you received this email; you can simply hit "reply" and "send."  Also, if you student has a separate email that he/she would like me to use, please send that to me.

Looking forward to my fall classes,
Tammy Prichard

No comments:

Post a Comment