Thursday, December 17, 2020

Writing 2 Class Notes -- Week 15 (December 17)

 Greetings!


We celebrated our final class with a "Christmas party" that included an "Ugly Christmas Sweater Design" contest and a Jeopardy game.  They were pretty intent on their designing and coloring.  When they were finished, they voted on the best/worst sweater design.  We enjoyed a nice, calming Christmas "vibe" with a YouTube video of a fire and relaxing Christmas music.

After our drawing and coloring, we had the final presentations for our My Antonia book projects.  We had a quiz, a Jeopardy game, some baked molasses cookies, artwork, a travel picture, and original music.  I am so proud of the work that the students have done; many of them have put a lot of their own creative selves into their work.  After our My Antonia projects, Bennett, Josh, and Jesse shared some memes made especially for our Writing 2 class. (see the link below)

Students handed in their final drafts of their Comparison/Contrast Essays.  I will go over the essays and any other homework that was handed; my goal is to have final grades out soon.  I mentioned to the class that I will take any homework today (until 11:59 p.m.) for full points value; I will also take work until Saturday, but for 1/2 point values.  As I told students, I've carefully gone through all of the Google Classroom assignments, so students need to contact me if they finish any assignments in Google Classroom.

Links for this week:
Writing 2 Class Notes 12/17 (with pictures)


I've enjoyed this group of students.  Each one is uniquely gifted for the plans that God has for him/her.  Have a blessed Christmas!!
Blessings, 
Mrs. Prichard






No comments:

Post a Comment