Friday, May 8, 2015

Writing 2 Class Notes -- Week 15 (May 7)

Greetings!

We had another full class for our last week of classes.  After our customary opening prayer, I had the students write their Reflection Papers.  They were to write about what they've learned about grammar, writing, and literature.  Some students had already written one, so they had the opportunity to write an extra credit Quick Write:  what do you see yourself writing in the future?

Following the Quick Writes, we finished the Play-Offs for our Poetry Jam.  I gave the two teams each a poem that I had brought for them.  T. S. Eliot's "Macavity" cat poem and Lewis Carroll's "I saw an Elephant."  The class scored the finalists, and they were within 1/4 of a point.  (I took videos of their performances, but I'm having trouble uploading them.  Once I figure out the technology, I'll post them.)

Finally, we had our Final Exam for the class.  Rather than looking like a Bingo game, it was a Jeopardy game.  The class was divided into 5 teams and answered questions from the following categories:  Grammar Terms, Writing Terms, Animal Farm, Jekyll Hyde, and Other Literature.  (You can go here and see the game .)  They did pretty well, and had some fun in the process.

I'm pretty proud of these kids.  They've written well, engaged well in class discussions, worked hard on homework, and been generally great all-around kids.  We had a marvelous year reading and writing!

I have a few bits and pieces of homework that have come in from students.  (In anyone has anything they haven't handed in, please get it in by Monday.)  Once those have been graded and I have everything entered in Engrade, I will get the grades sent out.  My goal is to have them done by next Thursday.

Assignments for Next Week:
-- ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!!

This week's links:
Class Notes

Have a great summer!
Mrs. Prichard

No comments:

Post a Comment