Friday, March 15, 2013

Writing 2 Class Notes -- March 13 (Week 8)

Greetings!

We had a great class this week. I left a video for them to use to start the class.  In part, it was an experiment to see if they can follow instructions when I'm not in the room -- which they did wonderfully.  The Quick Write instructions on the video told them to write a short "infomercial" for a grammatical, literary, or writing terms.  After these were written, I recorded them.  They were both informational and creative.

About the videos, if a student or parent does not want the video on the blog, let me know and I'll take it off.

We discussed the rough drafts of the writing assignments that I had handed back.  They've written really good Cause/Effect Essays.  We discussed common errors found in the essays.  They are becoming better writers with each essay.  The Final Copies are due next week.

We briefly discussed a Bret Harte's story, "The Luck of Roaring Camp."  I mistakenly mixed up the assignments on last week's e-mail, and it didn't match the syllabus.  For next week, I'm adjusting the assignments.  



Assignments for Next Week:
-- Read the following stories:  Chopin (p. 30); London (p. 122); Mansfield (p. 130); Crane (p. 34) (from last week's syllabus); Gilman (p. 50) (from this week's syllabus)
-- One story worksheet per story
-- Final copy of the Cause/Effect Essay


This week's blogs
Class Notes
Quick Write Instruction Video
Class Infomercials


Have a great week! 
Mrs. Prichard

No comments:

Post a Comment